A User Experience Metric helps you to track and analyze the user experience of the visitors who are using your product.
What Is UX Metrics And Why You Need Them?
Being a product designer, you have to look into various aspects before designing any product. After designing one, the success of it depends on how the customers or visitors react to it. So, all you have to think about their thoughts while working on a product.
To analyze your customers is not an easy task. That too for a digital product, it is difficult. However keeping a track and analyzing the UX metrics can help you figure out everything that is happening inside the product you have designed.
What does a UX metrics does? Why do you need them? and much more are few curious questions that might arise inside your brains. Just to help you out, find this article the place for all your answers. Let's get started.
What is a UX Metric?
Every product designer would have a UX strategy to make a great success out of the product. Sometimes a doubt arises if the strategy implemented is benefitting the users and the designers. This is where the help of UX metric is needed.
A User Experience Metric helps you to track and analyze the user experience of the visitors who are using your product. With the data collected you can find out the faults and errors in the product and rectify them.
The types of metric analysis includes,
- Quantitative behavioral metrics, which tracks and analyses the user interaction with the product
- Qualitative attitudinal metrics, analyses the thoughts and experience of the users while using the product.
What is the need to measure UX of the product?
Success or failure it is definitely decided by the users who are visiting your product. The product you have designed will be extremely useful for one at the same time some might not feel it helpful. Knowing the UX would analyze the experience of users inside the product.
1. Interact with the users: Interacting with the users can help you know all their expectations with the product that you have created. Analyze their actions and know the needs of the visitors and make the changes.
2. Clear the confusions: Your product may have various pages and elements. Sometimes the visitors might have a lot of confusions and queries with the element. If you find them struggling, find out the issues and solve it.
3. Resolve the bugs or issues: Another major problem with digital products are bugs and faults. You can't be always manually monitoring every action in your product. To identify dead links or dead elements, you can find out by the users rage clicking on the site.
4. Find what the customers need: The solution that you are providing to the users may benefit everyone in various ways. By closely watching the users activities you can find out their needs and implement that in your product for a better experience.
5. Make changes for better productivity: Knowing the product UX can help you analyze and make changes accordingly. A group of users visiting the site may have a common preference. Know their preference and act accordingly for a better productivity.
Just to make your site or product a better solution for the users, it is extremely important to know the UX of the site. As said always, the success of any product highly depends on how the users interact with it.
What are the various metrics to analyze the UX of the product?
Knowing the UX of the product is important, now the next question is what are the metrics that will help in analyzing the UX of the website. Investing slowly on the UX would be of great use on the longer run of the product.
Satisfaction is one major factor that greatly decides the UX of the product. On using the website the visitors will feel in extremely useful and sometimes the exact opposite of it. Only on their full satisfaction they are gonna rate the product.
The product that you have designed may be extremely satisfying or dissatisfying based on how it has benefitted the users. They would express their thoughts by providing ratings to the product through which you can analyze their experience.
Your visitors may be satisfied or frustrated, but how will you know their state of mind? That is where rating helps you. Rating is one way you can analyze how people have felt about the product that you have created.
Usually it is done with 5 point scale in the form of stars, where the least number is for dissatisfaction and highest is for satisfaction. Looking into the majority of rating, you can find out how visitors are reacting to the product.
How people are using the product is another major factor that has to be looked upon. The product that you have created may sometimes reach the visitors in the wrong way or they may feel confused with the elements.
In such cases, usability testing would help us. It is one way through which you can analyze if the solution of the product is benefitting the crowd in the right way. If not, you can make changes or explain about it for a better UX.
What are some attitudinal UX metrics?
Attitudinal metrics greatly focuses on how the users feel about the product or site that they are using. Generally it is done with the help of giving scores to the product.
1. Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT):
A product would have various elements, features and factors with various benefits. There would be certain things that attract the users more. To know those important and exciting elements in your product, you can use CSAT.
CSAT is the way to know how happy your customers are after using the product. It is done in the form of survey through which you can know every aspect about your product in a detailed manner.
2. Customer Effort Score (CES):
The CES metric is used to analyze how easy and comfortable is your product for the users. With various elements and pages, it might sometimes be very confusing and difficult to handle the website.
This metric helps you to get the deeper insights about the functionality of the product form a user's perspective. You can find the elements which are frustrating for the users and simplify it for their needs.
3. Net Promoter Score:
Just knowing about the customers satisfaction, their preferences and their experience isn't enough to come to a conclusion regarding your product. User's should also have a healthy interaction with the site to rectify their problems.
To find out that, you can use the Net Promoter Score. NPS helps you to evaluate your growth, your relationship with the visitors and the loyalty based on the points and scores they provide the product and your service.
UX metrics and ReplayBird:
User experience is definitely the only factor that is gonna determine how well you have designed the product based on the world's preferences. Only on knowing the users thought you can improvise it.
To help you know that and improve your productivity is what ReplayBird does. Using the various features from ReplayBird you can easily find out what is needed and what has to be done on your site.
ReplayBird does have features like, Session Recordings, Heatmaps, Funnel Analytics and much more to help you analyze your product's UX. Get started now with us, to know how great is to experience the product form a people's perspective.
Try ReplayBird for free now
Free forever. No credit card required. Easy setup.